Followers

Thursday, June 10, 2010

An Ode from a Mother to a Child Who is Lost


My mother lost her son when he was only a week old....she lost him as a tiny bundle in her arms...never getting a chance to have her fill of the child who would never be hers....Till this day she makes sweets on his birthday and remembers the day when he went away....I wrote a few lines in my manuscript, these lines are an attempt to capture the pain she feels even today......

Living in a life of dream
When I knew not there could be more smiles
I stumbled upon a piece of sunshine
A happiness that would not end for miles……
You came in my life like the morning dew
To change the way I would live and be
You gave me a key to my heart
To make me love, to make me see……..
Looking into that sunshine, right here in my arms
I could never believe how blessed I was
But now as you turn to leave us
Say, are you upset, are you cross?
It cannot be that we wait here
While you get up and simply walk away
How can we think of moving on?
When you tell us to live, to stay……..
Can I hold you one last time in my arms now?
Can I come by your side just to stand?
I promise I will listen more closely
I promise I will always hold your hand…….
Maybe that time I missed hearing a laugh
Or maybe a tear I did not see
Come what may I cannot lose you
So let me be gone, let it be me…..
For what will I do when you leave us?
Where will be the words? Where will be the smile?
How will I survive another day?
When with me I won’t ever have my sunshine......
Sending you there
Where they say the angels reside
Today I can’t reach out
But one day I will be by your side
When the sun goes home
And the stars come out bright
I will know you are out there
Shining down on me all night
And when you look down on the earth
And can feel ripples in the cool night air
Know that I am thinking of you
Know that your ma is missing you down here……

******************************************************************************

And like I always believe in and say:
"Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children" - MJ

- Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...