Girls, ladies, trust you me, these nine months are going to be the most blissful months you will ever have to yourself again……Yes, I am not trying to scare you or make you think twice about what lies ahead, what lies ahead is going to be beautiful and the best thing that could have ever happened to you. But what I am simply saying is this – that these 09 months of your first pregnancy is the last and most intimate time that you will have to call all yours, coz once the baby is out, all your time will be only for the baby.
Many women feel that the 09 months of their pregnancy are the best months. And they have some very good reasons for the same. There is so much pampering and attention and care and concern all centered around you that you will feel as if for these 09 months the only thing that others have to worry and think about is you.
Pregnancy is a time of many changes – changes in hormones, changes in your moods, in your body, in relationships, in life. There will be so many changes around you that sometimes you will feel as if none of this is real, sometimes you may want to just lie down and close your eyes, sometimes you will be bursting with joy and wanting to go out and see the world.
There are so many things to be done while you are pregnant. And of course you can easily turn it into a fun time.
1. One of the most fun things you can do when you are pregnant is to put on your aerobics shoes and dance to the rhythm. Not only will it be a great form of exercise, it will also rejuvenate your mood and make you feel on top of the world. Be careful not to overdo or stress yourself. And surely no jumps and sharp dancing. Just swing with the rhythm and enjoy a light exercise. Dance Your Way
2. You can head to any mother-and-baby store and have a look at all the fairy tale things you will find there. One of the best things about these stores is their decor. If you happen to be in a sour mood or are feeling low, these stores will instantly lift up your mood. What with the toys, the tiny clothes, the lovely accessories and things for mommy, this is a lovely place to visit, especially if you also want ideas for what you may need for yourself and your little one. For Your Darling
3. Shop for yourself. Check out the maternity clothes, the maternity slippers, the pillows, accessories, and take your pick. Maternity Clothes
4. Use the pregnancy time to talk to your partner about what you hope and plan for your little one. Discuss your feelings as a parent with your partner. That way you will both know what your choices are, regarding the baby and also about life and your family in general.
5. While you do the rounds of the doctor, do your own research too about how your baby is developing while inside you. One of the best way to actually see your baby is during the sonography sessions. Ask your doctor if they can give you a copy of baby’s shot and you can have it with you. You can get a few parenting books and ones that talk about baby’s development in those precious 09 months. You can also get a few DVDs that talk about new parents and also may share experiences about child-birth and different tried and tested methods that are proven to reduce pain and discomfort during child-birth. Pregnancy Books Pregnancy DVDs
6. Bond with your little one. Talk to your baby. Did you know your baby can hear you and can even recognize your voice once it is out in the world? Of course baby can’t hear what you are saying in so many words, but it is proven that while in the womb, babies can listen to the vibrations that your voice creates and can also distinguish your voice from that of others. Talk to your baby, sing to them, share a story you want to tell them from the time that you were small.
7. If you are planning to make a nursery for your little one, now is the time to don the work-apron. There will be so much to be taken care of later that it is always better to get the nursery ready before baby has already arrived. If you don’t want a clichéd colour combination for your baby’s nursery, go for the neutral shades of lavender, peach, sunshine yellow, greens, cream, even white with a combination of other colours. Painting a room on your own can be a lot of fun. You can check with your doctor if it is okay for you to do some of the painting yourself. At least you can do the parts that can be easily done while standing or sitting. Rest can be handed over to your partner. Check what furniture you want in the room, what accessories, what toys and things. Plan on how you want to decorate baby’s room and maybe both you and your partner can work together and make a lovely cosy corner for baby. For Your Little One
8. Have you thought of any baby names yet? If no, now will be a perfect time to pick a name for baby.
9. Join a Lamaze class. That way you will also meet more women who are going through the same experience as you, and also get some professional advice and information about child-birth. Sometimes, you end up making life-long friends at a Lamaze class. And if your partner also joins you in the class, there is nothing like it. If no, you always have your friends there.
10. Go for swimming. Water exercises are always good during pregnancy. And it also helps your muscles to become stronger and for you to gain more stamina, which will eventually help you during the delivery. Check with your doctor first and always have a swimmer watch over you while you are in the water. You may also carry a float along. Pregnancy Swimwear
11. While you can, go for a a beauty session, a lovely facial and a pedicure. This is one of the few things that will turn into a treat when baby arrives. So enjoy it as much as you can now. Go for a nice head massage, feet massage, or maybe a new haircut that will give you the feel of a makeover. Enjoy The Spa Style Your Hair
12. Plan your baby shower, think of who to invite, what to do, how to do….and have a great time.
13. Plan a day with your friends and tell them to shop for you, one item each, for your pregnancy ;) Pregnancy Must-Haves
14. Get together and watch back-to-back girl movies. Your Choice In Movies
Since you are surely off alcohol, keep a juice party at home.
If you have any friends who have just had a baby, try and visit them so that you get a real idea of how life is after the baby arrives. Many first time mothers are so caught up in the birth itself that they never get the chance to reflect the changes that will take place after the baby arrives. See for yourself and talk to your friends. You will learn a lot from such practical experiences which will help you.
You want the best for your little one and you want to make sure the place where your baby is delivered has the best of facilities. Go out with your partner to check out a few hospitals and birthing places to enable you to make a list of the places that suit your requirements.
Why not make a pregnancy scrap-book? Many women keep a note of their baby’s ultrasound images as well as a note of how baby is progressing month by month. You could also keep pictures of yourself in various stages of pregnancy, and also talk about how the new daddy is reacting. It will make for a fun read later when your little one will grow up.
Head out with your partner for a lovely weekend together. Okay, maybe you are already quite advanced in your pregnancy and too much intimacy has been ruled out now by the doctor. That does not mean you cannot spend a nice romantic time together. Talking, cuddling, holding hands, hugging, sharing meals in bed, sitting by the pool with your feet dipped in the water doing nothing, going for walks, sipping coffee (in your case maybe one cup of tea, or otherwise juice) and looking out…..all these are romantic too. With Your Partner
Believe me, this will be the last time when you will actually be alone with your partner – just the two of you. And also the time when you have some energy and drive left to do the things I said above. So do it while you can, coz though its gonna be a real fun ride ahead, most of your world is gonna revolve around that one tiny speck always……….
And like I always say and believe in:
"Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children" - MJ
- Debolina Raja Gupta