Followers

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Mamma, Why Is It Just A 'Man' Made World?

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/510198ade4b0f6a8c8f54a45/t/512d6646e4b0deb1a7431670/1361929804431/mother-daughter1.jpg
image source

I pride myself in the fact that my 7 year old is growing up to be such a thinker and observer. Well, it is indeed a blessing and sometimes a curse too, especially when I don't  want her to understand something but she still perceives it.

The other day we were snuggling up and having our nightly routine of good night chit chat, what she fondly calls as GNCC :) It's a time of the day I really look forward to, and unless I am out, I don't miss it for anything.

She was telling me about some things she had learned in class about natural things and man-made things, and that is when she asked me - 'Mamma, why do they call it man-made? Did no woman ever make anything? Or do people think that women can't make anything? Why can't people call it 'human' made instead of 'man' made?'


I was very happy she asked this. And I told her so. I told her that yes, people do tend to talk about most things as 'man' when both the man and the woman work equally hard at what they do and how they do it.

'Mamma, actually, what women make is so much more important. They make babies. They give birth and they care for the baby when the baby is inside the tummy. Men can't do that ever. And imagine if women too could not make babies, the whole world would end? We would have an empty Earth mamma!' She was visibly worried.

I gave her a big tight hug and I told her that it is children like her who can make the world a better place. 'Don't ever stop thinking the way you do and always question things around you, even if people or grown ups tell you to just listen to them and do as they say. If you can continue doing like this and understanding things like this, you will surely do a lot of good things for mother Earth and for everyone who lives here.'

I just had to share this here because as a mother, I felt really proud that my daughter has the sensitivity and the understanding to go beyond the rules set by society and think for herself. 

- Debolina Raja Gupta

**********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ

Happy Parenting!!!! Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones.... Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...