Followers

Friday, April 17, 2015

Growing Up Advice? How Do I Tell You Ever....

 http://www.quotesvalley.com/images/09/a-daughter-is-one-of-the-most-beautiful-gifts-the-world-has-to-give.gif





And I have two amazing angels!!!!! 

Some days back I got a call from a brand that wanted me to be a part of a new campaign they are coming up with. They wanted me to be part of a video shoot, where I was required to share what I would do as a mother that would empower my children and make them feel stronger.

The catch was that I had only a few seconds to share my ‘advice’ or ‘suggestion.’

I politely refused for certain personal reasons, especially as I am not fond of coming in front of the camera at all, but the other point was – I did not know what to say.

What do I say to my daughter, or my daughters, given that the younger one too will suddenly grow up and understand the world more and more?

I honestly do not know.


There are so many things I could tell them – things like ‘don’t pay attention when someone tells you you are not good enough’ or ‘take your own decisions and live life by the rules you set’ or ‘don’t spend your life with someone the way society wants you to, but the way you both want’ or ‘dream and work hard to make your dreams fill your life’ and so many many many more things.

But could I say those to my little girlies?

Honestly? No I couldn’t.

There are so many things I tell my daughter, the older one. Things that I know I should have done but have failed to do, and I know there will be only this one life to live and account for it. But still, I failed, and I couldn’t do so much, and that time has already gone, irreversible.

How do I tell my daughter things that I am still trying out?

I know for a fact that they will make her stronger, the day she grows up enough to understand and deal with them and do them. But till then, am I just spinning a farce and showing her an image of a me that I am actually not? Will I ever be able to share my weak face with her, the me that I really am, the many failures I face on a daily basis, the many downs and lows I sweep away behind the forced smiles and laughs, the many incidences of not-agreeing that I pretend I agree to? Will I ever be able to tell her all of that?

I hope so. I hope for a day when my daughters will grow up to know me, not just the way their beautiful eyes see me, but also through the eyes I see myself.
 

 - Debolina Raja Gupta

**********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ

Happy Parenting!!!! Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones.... Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...