Followers

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Questions And More Questions: Learning To Look At Things From A Child's Perspective


Having a little one in the house is like forever being in an environment of learning and growth. As adults, we tend to take so many things for granted, its not even funny when you actually sit down and think about it.

My little one and I are a team, we talk and chat a lot, we explore things, and this bonding and constant discussion about things around her is not only restricted to me. As parents, both me and my husband have made it a conscious effort to spend as much time as possible with her, and to let her develop a sense of curiosity and questioning.

So it's not surprising for us when she speaks in perfect grammatical formations, or when she uses really big words for her four years of age. But sometimes, it does get quite tough to answer her questions, the millions that keep circling in her tiny head.

I have decided to make a list of all these questions.
Nothing special, just a small notebook with all these questions that she will have over the years, and I will show these to her when she grows up. I hope she will find it amusing and smile at the memories of her when she 'was' small. Oh, can't imagine a day when I will use the 'small' word for her in the past tense...that's just the mommy in me I guess !!

As of now, these are the special questions of hers that I felt deserve a special jotting down in the notebook:
Q1. How many spikes does a hedgehog have?
Q2. Why do all living things feel thirsty?
Q3. Why do owls sleep in the day and not in the night? Why can't I sleep in the day and play in the night too?
Q4. Why does a witch sit on a broom and fly?
Q5. Why doesn't the snow fall on my house? Why does it fall only on mountains and hills? If I can see the hill from my window, why can't the snow come here in my house also?
Q6. Why do I have to wear a uniform to school? Why can't I wear my favourite frock?
Q7. Why do papas not have long hair? Why do only mammas have long hair?

These are the 'few' of her questions that I thought I should share here. Of course if you have already answered these and are aware of the many more that will come up in the list soon, please please please send me a comment here with the Q&As I beg you!!!!

I'm having quite a time figuring out the answers I must say. And like I said, everyday is a learning phase. While I had taken these things for granted till now, I do have a different way of thinking about things, thanks to my little one.

**********************************************

And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ

Happy Parenting!!!!

Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones....

- Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...