Followers

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Are You Giving Your Baby YOU? World Breastfeeding Week 2014







How many times have you asked yourself what is best for your baby? The moment your pregnancy is confirmed, the first thought that comes to your mind is 'I hope this is good for my baby.'

This is one of the biggest truths of motherhood - putting your baby before you, anything that you do posing the question about how it will affect your baby. And once your baby is born, your world is only about getting the BEST for the little one.

As a mother, one of the first BEST that you can give your child, almost soon after your baby is born, is YOU.

Did you know that the best source of nutrition for your baby is breastmilk?


I have always been an advocator of breastfeeding. And so it was that when Johnsons Baby India got in touch with me, I readily wanted to share all the information they gave. This is one brand that has, for ages now, talked about the importance of breastfeeding. And irrespective of whether you use their products or not, this is something that makes me like them that extra bit more :)

I fed my daughter exclusively on me for the first 6 months - not even water, which is how it should be. And even though there were many people ridiculing me for it (yes, even family members and elders who should have known better!), I didn't even bother to think twice. As a mother, and an informed mother at that, I knew what I needed to do that would be best for my baby. And I did it.

I fed my first born for 2 years. And I was really happy about it.

My new baby, who is about to turn 1 now, stopped it herself in the 10th month. I was planning to feed her for at least 15 months or so, but as she gave up herself, let's just say that we have moved on.

Most of us know the regular benefits of breastfeeding, but did you know there are some more very interesting benefits that your baby gets once you decide to breastfeed?

So let's take a look:

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF BREAST FEEDING:

1. Less Smelly: Diaper time is one of the most difficult parts of being a new parent ;) Did you know that babies who are breast fed have less stinky poop? Yes it's true! If you choose to breast feed your baby, rest assured you'll have to deal with less stinky diapers than babies who are formula-fed.

2. Better Skin: All babies have the best skin in the world - there is no doubt about that :) But sometimes, breast feeding can give your baby that added advantage. A baby who is breast fed has softer and smoother skin than a baby who isn't. According to research, the subcutaneous fat in breast and formula fed infants has a different composition.

3. Better Vision: In addition to smarter brains and healthier bodies, breast feeding also makes sure your baby has better vision than babies who are not breast fed. Research states that visual development is more advanced in breast fed babies.

Interesting, isn't it? I never knew the first 2 benefits of breastfeeding shared above. These are thanks to Johnsons Baby India.

What all you do for the best of your baby is your decision, but knowing these facts and going through them again just helps you be more sure of what you are doing and why.

If you would like to know about the most common breastfeeding myths, CLICK HERE

- Debolina Raja Gupta

**********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ
Happy Parenting!!!!

Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones.... Debolina Raja Gupta

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah...! Totally true, breastfeed is the natural source of feed for the baby. Exclusive breastfeeding also prevent the mothers to get ovarian and breast cancer in future....it is beneficial for baby and mother as well. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...