As a mother, how many times have you reacted instantly to your child’s every sneeze and cough? How many times have you lost sleep over that little cold or that one day of fever, or even a day of loosies? I definitely have. Each time my daughter comes up with a cold or fever, I invariably fight with my hubby whether we should take her to the doctor or no.
And I guess I’m not an exception.
Kajol, the internationally famous actor and mother of 2, confesses that she is one such mother too.
In a recently launched campaign, Kajol has joined hands with Lifebuoy to urge people to come together to support the cause of hand-washing, with Lifebuoy’s ‘Help A Child Reach 5’ campaign.
What is the ‘Help A Child Reach 5’ campaign:
The campaign is a start towards removing diarrhea from villages in India, one village at a time. Thesgora, a village in MP, India, with one of the highest rates of diarrhea, is the first village where the campaign aims to teach hand-washing habits to eradicate diarrhea.
Did you know:
· 1. Across the world, 15 children die every 15 seconds of preventable diseases like diarrhea and pneumonia
· 2. Using soap to wash hands before and after using the toilet can reduce diarrhea by 45% and pneumonia by 23% and save over 600,000 children under 5 each year
· 3. In India, over 6 lakh children under 5 die each year due to diarrhea and pneumonia
· 4. Till date, Lifebuoy has changed the hand-washing habits of 130 million people
· 5. Lifebuoy helps teach children, mother and communities about safe hand-washing practices, helping more children cross the age of 5
· 6. Lifebuoy aims to change the hand-washing habits of 1 billion people by 2015
How you can help:
· 1. You can make the donations online at http://unr.ly/16W4RWa
· 2. For every donation, Lifebuoy will match the donation amount for its hand-washing programmes
· 3. Lifebuoy will also donate 1Re to hand-washing programmes each time the ‘Help A Child Reach 5’ video is shared online
· 4. Proceeds from the donation will go to Population Services International (PSI) a leading health organization for implementing hand-washing programmes
*Post sponsored by Lifebuoy
- Debolina Raja Gupta
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ
Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones.... Debolina Raja Gupta