Followers

Friday, March 8, 2013

From Mommy To Daughter, The Legacy Continues: Happy International Women's Day

Before I begin, let me wish all you lovely ladies out there a very happy, special and empowering Women's Day! Of course we can't really be respecting and appreciating our women only one day a year, but it's not everyday that you specifically take out time to wish each other and tell them that yes, they are truly special and deserve all the attention! So yes, once again, a very happy, special and empowering women's day!!!

So who do I dedicate this special day to? Of course, the 2 most special women in my life - my ma and my daughter. When I was a little girl myself, and through my growing up years, I was the perfect example of what a rebel daughter is like and what I definitely wouldn't want mine to become!!! (oh I can't imagine myself going through all that my poor ma did!!) but I'm sure that's exactly what she will go through too, it's a natural phase after all. Anyways, the point is, that I was totally this crazy, nerdy, rebellious, aggressive, stubborn young girl, doing things my way, believing that I had a special halo around my head that allowed me to break all the rules and create my own, and some of the craziest fights I had during my growing-up years were with ma! But then again, I was always super-loving, super-protective and super-possessive about her, and still am!


Today, all the good that I can think I have in me is a 100% credit to my ma (of course shared equally by my baba too, but since it's women's day today, I'll talk about him in a different post another day). As I am a parent today, I understand what my ma meant by saying that for a parent, no child can ever grow up, and that I am still her little doll and will always be. I appreciate and respect her for being my and my family's pillar of strength when times were tough, when we were in our lowest lows. I admire her strength of character, her determination and her faith in her family, especially in her children. I shall forever remain grateful to her for giving wings to my dreams, to let me explore my world and let me be.

As I see my daughter today, barely a few months over her fifth birthday, I can't help but admire her. She is still way too young, but I know that when I was her age, there were so many things I never did or even thought about, that she does so naturally. Like sharing a cherished chocolate bar with the kid on the other side of the window, or celebrating her birthday with the kids at the orphanage, or taking out her old toys and clothes to give to the slum kids. I do it now, yes, but I don't think I ever did that when I was a kid. I am proud of her.

I am blessed that I have a mother who instilled these values in me, and I am proud and blessed that I have a daughter who takes these values to an all-new high, each single day. So today, and for all my days to come, these 2 special ladies will truly be my best ladies in the world!

Let me know who your special lady(ies) is!!!!

- Debolina Raja Gupta

**********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ
Happy Parenting!!!!

Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones.... Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...