Followers

Friday, February 8, 2013

The Birth of A Reader

Hey world!!!! That time has come for me as a mother when I can proudly announce from the status-tops of all social networking sites that yes.....as much as I've been a book worm till date, my little 5-year-old princess has taken over the legacy and decided to carry it forward with much love, attention and care.
(image for representation purpose)

I can proudly say that I'm one of the proudest and happiest mums today! Oh yes....what started as a fun way of spending time with my little one and introducing her to the world of books has today taken on quite a proportion - what with both of us trying to figure out how we can make more space to fit in new bookshelves and how we can fit in all our books in those! Huh...tough task I tell you...

It's right when they, and me too, say that there is no age too early for books. I first introduced my daughter to books when she was about 4-5 months old, and she took to it with a lot of enthusiasm and interest. By the time her first birthday came she already had a collection of her own books. And when she passed a few months after her first cake was cut, she could identify all the 26 letters of the English alphabet.


As much as many people feel I may have forced her into it, for me, as a mother, it was never a thought. I never wanted to enforce my interests on her, but I made sure she always had good books around her, and if she loved it, then she would automatically want more of it. And that's exactly what happened. We spent time at the bookstores, we read together, we did story-time together, and it was all a great way of bonding while she became more and more interested. The entire process of my daughter getting interested in books was a very normal and natural thing, and as I see kids today who are mostly into on-screen entertainment the whole time, I am glad she found her companion in books.
(image for representation purpose)

I will soon do a post on how I encourage and introduced my daughter to the world of books, so that any young parents out there who would want their young ones to enter the world of books may get a few points if they are looking for it.

Till then, enjoying the phase and hoping we get many more new little readers around :-)


**********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ
Happy Parenting!!!!

Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones.... Debolina Raja Gupta

2 comments:

www.momsters.in said...

Here's to raising readers.... congratulations!

Debolina Raja said...

Momsters...many thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...