Followers

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Benefits Of Holding Your Baby Close To You

One of the first most precious memory I have of me and my daughter is when I held her in my arms for the first time. Of course, as a mum, all moments of my little darling's life are etched in my memory as a movie-reel; I don't even need to close my eyes to see these moments in flashback. I remember it all, just as most mothers do.


But there's something extra-beautiful, extra-special, about that feeling when you hold your little one in your arms, isn’t it? The world becomes a beautiful place, the smile on your face extends the whole day long, and there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that you would want to get in the way of you and baby, as you look at your little angel in your arms. Wow! That’s some feeling!

Studies have proven time and again, and I know it as a parent myself – that there’s no better feeling than having your little one right next to your heart!

While I was pregnant with my daughter, I absolutely cherished my baby’s first heartbeat at my regular check-up, and while me and hubby were simply blown away, it’s a known fact that for the baby, my heartbeat was the most comforting and familiar sound! Wow!

One of the best ways for mother and baby to bond is bare, skin-to-skin contact. Another most popular way for babies to feel their mother’s heartbeat is when you hold your little one near you, whether while feeding, while putting to sleep, or during any other activity. I remember doing a lot of that when she was barely a little bigger than my palm. And to this day, when she is a little lady of 5, no matter how busy I am with my office work, my freelance work, other household activities or whatever, I hold her close to my heart at least 5-8 times a day...Sorry, but that's how I am, and till the day she doesn't ask me to stop, believe me, I wont! :-)

Taking out time may be difficult, but when it comes to holding your little one in your arms, there are many moments in the day that are just perfect for holding your baby close to you, and of course, if you have the time, you can extend these moments and give baby that much more comfort and warmth:

  • while feeding
  • while putting baby to sleep
  • while patting baby for burping
  • while playing with baby
  • while going with baby for a walk
  • while lying down with baby
  • while traveling and holding baby close
Not only is this a sweet and soothing feeling for you and your little one, but holding your baby close to you has many benefits as well:
  • Helps fight post-natal depression
  • Helps form a stronger bond with little one
  • Regulates baby’s body temperature
  • Helps in baby’s breathing, heart beat and sugar levels to be stable right after birth
  • Helps baby recover from birth process, especially in cases of a natural delivery
  • Calms baby and provides security, comfort and familiarisation
  • Regulates mother’s hormonal responses and leads to reduced bleeding after birth
  • Helps baby to breastfeed naturally
  • Helps baby sleep better
  • Reduces baby’s crying bouts
  • Helps in developing baby’s senses
  • Build stronger immunity
  • Helps in baby’s psychological and emotional growth
A baby close to mommy is the happiest baby! And a mother who gets to hold her little one in her arms, close to her heart is the happiest mommy too!!!!! 

- Debolina Raja Gupta

**********************************************
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ

Happy Parenting!!!!

Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones....

Debolina Raja Gupta

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...