But there's something extra-beautiful, extra-special, about that feeling when you hold your little one in your arms, isn’t it? The world becomes a beautiful place, the smile on your face extends the whole day long, and there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that you would want to get in the way of you and baby, as you look at your little angel in your arms. Wow! That’s some feeling!
Studies have proven time and again, and I know it as a parent myself – that there’s no better feeling than having your little one right next to your heart!
While I was pregnant with my daughter, I absolutely cherished my baby’s first heartbeat at my regular check-up, and while me and hubby were simply blown away, it’s a known fact that for the baby, my heartbeat was the most comforting and familiar sound! Wow!
Taking out time may be difficult, but when it comes to holding your little one in your arms, there are many moments in the day that are just perfect for holding your baby close to you, and of course, if you have the time, you can extend these moments and give baby that much more comfort and warmth:
- while feeding
- while putting baby to sleep
- while patting baby for burping
- while playing with baby
- while going with baby for a walk
- while lying down with baby
- while traveling and holding baby close
- Helps fight post-natal depression
- Helps form a stronger bond with little one
- Regulates baby’s body temperature
- Helps in baby’s breathing, heart beat and sugar levels to be stable right after birth
- Helps baby recover from birth process, especially in cases of a natural delivery
- Calms baby and provides security, comfort and familiarisation
- Regulates mother’s hormonal responses and leads to reduced bleeding after birth
- Helps baby to breastfeed naturally
- Helps baby sleep better
- Reduces baby’s crying bouts
- Helps in developing baby’s senses
- Build stronger immunity
- Helps in baby’s psychological and emotional growth
- Debolina Raja Gupta
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ
Be good to your little one, and to the millions of little ones out there who truly need every bit of love and compassion they can get.....Be a grown up...save the little ones....
Debolina Raja Gupta