Monday, February 21, 2011
Online Stories For Little Ones
My little one is always asking me for stories - while eating, bedtime, in the car, while drawing, while playing, while on the swing, while going to bed, lately she has even begun asking for stories while brushing!!!!!
Of course I read her favourite stories to her from her books, and sometimes she asks me to tell her a particular story, so those times its really easy, but there are those tough times when she really wants me to tell her 'new' stories, and those tough times, I am afraid, are growing more frequent in number.
So what better way of telling her a new story each day than taking help of some cheating online? Of course, as a parent I really need to be well-read and up-to-date about all things...who said story-telling wasn't a part of the parenting curriculum? So for all you parents and grandparents out there, here are a few online links where you will find stories for your little ones (especially for Indian children). Do have a read and let me know if this was a help.
1. Chandamama: The classic Chandamama that we all grew up reading. Now let your child enjoy the Chandamama experience online as well.
2. Pitara: This site has a huge collection of short stories for children from across the world.
3. Free Stories For Kids: The site offers a huge collection of short stories for kids in different topics.
4. Kidsgen: Teach your child about values and ethics with these moral stories, based on Indian folktales and Indian values.
5. KindBook: Your children not only learn new stories here, they also learn about different topics they learn in school, like maths, but in a fun way.
6. Learn English Kids: An initiative of the British Council, the site lets your child watch and listen to hundreds of interesting stories.
You can also check out some amazing children's books by clicking Baby Bestsellers
And like I always believe in and say:
'Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children' - MJ
Debolina Raja Gupta