Followers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Growing Up......


Looking through the old box
I came upon a bib,
A few old frocks
And the dismantled parts of a baby crib.
I found a little rattle
And a teether she used to chew,
A pair of little red mittens
That still looked so brand new.
A little piece of paper
On which were a few tiny lines,
A crayon that she had held once
And tried to nibble at the sides.
I found a baby animal
That had once been a favourite toy,
It lay now among the old things
Along with a toy girl and a toy boy.
I found a tiny pillow
That she slept on when she was born,
And a little baby’s sleeping cloth
That every night she lay on.
Tiny socks and those first shoes
That I had seen in a window at the shop,
And a pair of rubber toys
Which every time I gave her, her tiny hands would drop.
Little baby comb and tiny baby sheets
And I found her first toothbrush too,
Along with them pair of tiny fairy socks
And a tiara she wore last year when she turned two.
All this and many more memories
Stacked away for all days to come,
As she keeps growing each day
There will still always be some.
Now the bib is gone and the frocks are bigger
The bed too is a new one,
The brush is big, the socks and shoes too
And instead of lying now, she just always runs.
The toys have changed and the sheets have too
The pillows and things all new,
I look at them and I think in my heart
‘Are they old already? But they still look brand-new.’
Just that day we had thought of what we would need
As a little one was about to arrive,
Hardly a couple of years and she is grown up already!
And I hate to admit it - it doesn’t at all feel right
I need more time to see her each day
To savour each moment as she is still small,
Coz this is my world and this is my all
She is all that is me, she is my little doll………

**********************************************************************

And like I always believe in and say:
"Heal the world we live in
Save it for our children" - MJ

Happy Parenting!!!

- Debolina Raja Gupta

4 comments:

Someone is Special said...

she is doll... smiles.. here is mine, to have loved and lost

Someone is Special

Debolina Raja said...

Thank you so much for taking the time out and visiting, and of course for the lovely comment :) I am glad u found this interesting..These are some of those memories that will always stay with me till I live,and maybe even after that...

Hyde Park Poetry Palace said...

cute...

Debolina Raja said...

Dear Promising Poets Parking Lot...Whoa!!! Thanks a ton for your amazing and inspiring comments, and thank for all the appreciation you have showered.I visited ur site n loved the concept.Am definitely going to share my poems there..thanks for inviting me :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...