Followers

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Vidhi And Her Little One Mahaksh

Seeing her you wouldn’t believe she is a mum. Slim, sweet and full of life, 31-year-old Vidhi Panjwani is working in the highly busy and stressful position of a full-time mom, being around 24*7 for her 4-year-old son Mahaksh.

And she is doing a great job at it.

“I can raise him my way.”
“Bringing up a child alone, without the help of a maid or the full-time support of relatives can sometimes be a tough task, but then, I also have the privilege of bringing up my child just the way I want” she says proudly. It is evident her life revolves around her son. For anything and everything that Vidhi and her husband do are planned keeping in mind their son’s comfort.

Vidhi had a C-sec delivery and the pregnancy was planned.

Myth - “A watermelon for a girl, a football for a boy!”

There are many things she can recall having heard while she was pregnant. But one of the myths that really caught her, and my fancy, was the way some ladies would predict the gender of her to-be-born child, by just looking at her growing belly.
“These ladies were so convinced that they knew it all” she laughs, and I can’t help but join in, for I too have heard the same remarks, and funnily, once my daughter was born, they stopped making any predictions in front of me.
“According to them, if the tummy is growing in the forward direction, then it is a girl. If it is round like a ball, then it is a boy. It was one of the funniest and most ridiculous things I had ever heard” she laughs again, in between sips from a hot cup of tea.

The changes:

Before her son was born, Vidhi and her husband were like any other young couple, entertaining friends, busy in their own circle, enjoying life in a different way. But after Mahaksh, things have changed, and Vidhi feels she has definitely changed as a person, and all for the better.
“Yes, of course there has been a huge change in me after my son was born. For one, I have more patience in me now than I ever had in my life. I am more responsible and mature and my maternal instincts have made me very careful as well” she says.

“A friendly mother”
A mother or a friend, that is where the mothers of today have to come to a decision. And Vidhi sums it up in a very simple yet effective way.
“I would be a friendly mother to my son” she laughs, happy to have come up with a funky term.

“I could not have asked for more from my husband.”
As she talks to me further it is revealed Vidhi had a difficult pregnancy. “There were spottings and I was on bed rest for 4 months. Those 4 months were some of the toughest months of my life. Forget getting up and walking, I was not even allowed to sit up for the first 4 months! And the only companions I had the whole day was the ceiling or the TV, of which I had soon tired. But what that period of bed-rest also did was to show me the immense care and love my husband has for me. Throughout those difficult months my husband was always by my side. So much so that even when I had hunger pangs in the middle of the night, he would go to the kitchen with my mother-in-law and help make aaloo paranthas for me. Tell me, what more could I have asked for?”
I can’t come up with anything better.

“All the exhaustion had gone as if by magic, and the only thing on my mind was to be with my son.”
Every mother has a special relationship with her little one and Vidhi is no different. Though each day is as precious as the previous, the one thing she will always remember each day of her life is the feeling she had on seeing her baby for the first time.
“I am a very sleep-happy person, I can sleep anywhere and anytime. But surprisingly, after my son was born, I felt as if all the sleep has gone from my eyes forever. I was so excited and so happy that the only feeling I had was being too full of energy and wanting to be with my son all the time. My husband and all my relatives too were surprised at the sudden change in me, but somehow, as if by miracle, all the exhaustion and the tiredness of the delivery had gone, and instead, all that was there was the beautiful face of my son and my love flowing for him. I wanted to hold him in my arms and be like that forever. It is the most amazing experience of my life, something that I can’t describe in words.”

Little Mahaksh is the pride of his parents. A young gentleman who is now in school, growing independent and learning to face the world on his own. But one thing that will forever remain constant in this mother-son relationship is the love and care they have for each other.

We wish Vidhi, Mahaksh and the family a wonderful experience throughout. Happy parenting!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...