Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Father's Day 2010 - gift ideas
Speaking of parents, it's that time in the year when we can shift our focus and attention to that parent who, maybe for more of the time, is not able to be present with the child as much as he would want to, but is extremely involved and concerned, nevertheless. Yes, it is Father's Day on the 20th of June 2010. So let's tell him once again how much we love him.
Here are a few simple and thoughtful gift ideas to let the fathers know how important and loved they are:
1. A tee shirt for dad with baby's hand prints
2. A personalised photo frame with a picture of papa and baby that can be placed at the office desk
3. You can buy a coffee mug and personalise it for dad by getting a picture of papa and baby on the mug. It would be a wonderful gift for office coffee time
4. A tennis set or any other sport equipment that your father is involved in. You could even gift him gym shoes
5. A tie set
6. Plan a trekking trip with only papa and child
7. You can get together your friends and their dads and along with your father can go for camping
8. Dads will not admit it often to their kids, but they get tired too. Get a nice foot massager for dad to soak in his tired feet and help him relax after a busy day at work
9. Go for a movie with your father, something of his choice. Or if that is not exciting, have a round of games at the PS or XBox
10.You could compile a CD with your father's favourite tracks which he can play in the car
11.Go to watch a match in a stadium or schedule a match-viewing day at home
12.Make a card at home
13.Make a calendar for father, using a personal picture for each month of the year. If you make a table calendar, he could keep it on his office desk
14.A day planner. You can personalise the same by using pictures of you and your father, on the cover as well as inside on those pages that mark important events in your family, like his/your/mom's birthday/anniversary and the like
15.Write him a letter, by hand. You would be surprised to know how special he would feel if you wrote him a letter in this age of email and texting. Mention things that you enjoy doing with him, what you like about him, what he means to you and what you have learned from him. Bring out the emotions and let him know what you think of him.
The MOST IMPORTANT gift for a father is knowing how much his child loves and appreciates him. Give your father a big hug and tell him how much you love him. And don't restrict this to Father's Day alone. You can make everyday special for your dad by letting him know how much he means to you.
Like someone rightly said - 'Dad, you are someone to look up to no matter how tall I have grown.'
Wishing all the fathers A Wonderful Father's Day, everyday !!!!